CreditPerfect is a trading style of Loan Marketing Limited. Loan Marketing Limited is an Appointed Representative of Quint Group Limited, and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 723678. Quint Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 669450 Loan Marketing Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company number 07197002), Registered Office; Oxford House, Oxford Road, Macclesfield, SK11 8HS. Licenced by the Information Commissioners Office, (registration number Z2473635). Here at Loan Marketing we are aware how important your privacy is. Based on this we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal data that is obtained from you by visiting our website will be processed and maintained in line with accepted principles of good information handling. In addition to this, also in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Contained within this statement and set out below are details of the type of information that we at Loan Marketing may hold about you, our customer. Also how we obtain and process any information we may have and, importantly, how we protect your privacy.
1. Service, Delivery and Changes
You agree to abide by these terms. We acknowledge Your instructions expressly or by acting upon them and We will treat You as our Client. We are also entitled to act on any oral or written instructions We receive from You or anyone We believe is authorised by You and on such instructions Your obligations to Us remain unaffected. As a Credit Broker We will receive a fee from our Lenders and any third party financial service providers We introduce You to when you purchase products or services from them. We may also change these Terms and Conditions or these services at any time. The changes will take effect when they are posted on the https://www.creditperfect.co.uk/ website.
2. Credit Perfect Finance Broker Service
When acting as Your Credit Broker We seek to get a Lender to offer You a loan. We seek to match Your loan application with one or more of the Lenders We deal with. We do not act on behalf of the Lenders or represent them. For Your protection We require the Lender documentation covering any loan agreement to meet statutory and regulatory safeguards laid down by the FCA’s Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC).
We are a broker not a Lender, We do not offer loans. The interest rate will depend on the Lenders and they decide whether to approve the loan applications and how much to lend at, or on which terms and on what evidence of ability to repay. Where We give examples they are only illustrations. We do not warrant that examples are the actual rates and amounts because the Lenders decide whether to give approval for any loan and on what terms according to your specific circumstances.
2.2 Loan Application Checks
In assessing Your loan application for any Lender products the Lender may undertake credit scoring with credit reference agencies which will show on Your Credit record. Where there are joint clients, a link between You can be created.
2.3 Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
This is a condensed guide to the use of Your personal information by Credit Reference (CRA’s) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPA’s). When You apply for a loan, these organisations will check the following records about You and others (see below):
- CRAs may place a search footprint on Your credit file that may be seen by other Lenders. They supply both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- FPAs will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. They may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage Your account.
- If You are making a joint application or tell Your Lender that You have a spouse or financial associate, the FPA’s will link Your records together so You must be sure that You have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link Your records together and these links will remain on Your and their files until such time as You or Your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
- Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. If You borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace Your whereabouts and recover debts that You owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by You or defaulted.
- If You give us false or inaccurate information and We suspect or identify fraud We will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which You give Your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. Credit Perfect Service
3.1 Service and Delivery Policy
Loan Marketing Limited works with Call Credit to provide the fulfilment, support and delivery of the Credit Reporting Facility. You agree to abide by these terms. We acknowledge Your instructions expressly or by acting upon them. We treat You as our Client. We accept no liability or obligation to any third party whether or not You may be acting as their agent, fiduciary or intermediary. Even if You disclose their identity to Us and You are acting in such a capacity, Your obligations to Us remain unaffected. We are entitled to act on any oral or written instructions We receive from You or anyone We believe is to be authorised by You to give them.
3.2 CREDIT HUB MEMBERSHIP NOTICES
You are a potential/actual member of the membership programme (called the "Scheme") as described in this document. Before You can access Your free credit report and free trial of the Scheme You must first enrol in the Scheme (called "Membership"). This involves providing accurate and complete information including Your name, email address and postal address, and the payment information for membership fees should You continue Your Membership beyond the free trial period. Once you submit these details and agreed to our terms you will be enrolled as a member of the Scheme (called a "Member"). Importantly, a Member must be an individual who is:
- an adult (i.e. aged 18 and over); or
- enrolled with an adult’s express approval or on behalf of that adult at his/her express instruction.
- A person who does not qualify as described above is prohibited from becoming or being a Member. Any person who becomes a Member (or purports to do so), makes a statement, upon which We are entitled to rely, that that person is aged 18 years or older.
- A person may not become a Member unless they are based in the United Kingdom, as this is the area We service. A Member must have a postal address in the United Kingdom. Any person becoming a Member makes a statement, upon which We are entitled to rely, that, that person is, and will continue to be, based in the United Kingdom and that that person will supply a full postal address in the United Kingdom including a valid post code.
3.3 OFFER DETAILS
You accept the offer details which are as follows:
- when You sign up to the Scheme as a Member You will automatically receive a 14 day free trial ("Trial Period");
- after the trial period, membership is charged monthly at the agreed upon rate of £14.99 as disclosed on the enrolment website (the "Membership Fee") and by joining this Scheme You agree that You will be liable to pay the Membership Fee;
- to ensure continuous service at the end of the trial period Your Membership fee will be automatically charged on or about the same date each month to the card details which You have specifically provided for this purpose when You signed up to be a member, and by joining this Scheme You agree to give us permission to do so, unless You terminate Your membership in accordance with the cancellation process set out below.
3.4 MEMBER BENEFITS Discounts and other benefits
- A Member is entitled to access discounts and/or other benefits ("Benefits") on certain products and services offered by vendors/providers participating in the Scheme. Benefits are set out on the Scheme Website, although some Benefits may not be available in all areas. Please see below for limitations.
- Any products or services purchased (taking into account Benefits or otherwise) must be purchased directly from the product or service vendors/providers. We do not supply, offer or charge for products or services (other than Membership which is a service which provides access to information, discounts, offers and promotions on those third party products and services.)
3.5 Credit Reporting Service
A Member is entitled to access the credit reporting services supplied by Callcredit Limited (whose registered office is at One Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1EP, registered number 3961870) (the "Credit Reporting Service Provider") (and the details of that credit reporting service are set out on the Scheme Website or in the Credit Reporting Service Provider's own end user agreement (the "Credit Reporting Service"), provided that:
- the Member accepts the Credit Reporting Service Provider's own end user agreement before first use of the Credit Reporting Service and that end user agreement forms a contract between the Member and the Credit Reporting Service Provider;
- the Credit Reporting Service Provider is able to properly validate the identity and address details of the Member, and such validation is at the absolute sole discretion of the Credit Reporting Service Provider;
- the Payment card you are using for this service must be a valid credit or debit card. Please be aware that pre-paid cards are not accepted
- the Credit Reporting Service Provider accepts the Member as a person eligible to receive the Credit Reporting Service, which is at the absolute sole discretion of the Credit Reporting Service Provider;
- the Member first properly registers on the Credit Reporting Service Provider's website; and
- the Member complies at all times with the Credit Reporting Service Provider's own end user agreement. Breach of the Credit Reporting Service Provider's own end user agreement may terminate entitlement to receive the Credit Reporting Service.
Members should note that the terms of the Credit Reporting Service Provider's own end user agreement permit the Credit Reporting Service Provider to suspend or terminate the Credit Reporting Service under the circumstances listed in the Credit Reporting Service Provider's own end user agreement
3.6 ACCEPTANCE AND TERM OF MEMBERSHIP
- Membership starts from the moment of successful enrolment on the scheme
- Membership lasts until Your Membership terminates as detailed in the cancellation paragraph.
3.7 MEMBERSHIP RULES
- Membership is personal to the person accepting these terms.
- Membership is non-transferable.
- Membership cannot be used by persons other than the Member.
- You shall ensure that no other persons have access to Your Member details.
- Other persons in the same household shall not access the Scheme, the Benefits or the Credit Reporting Service using the identity of the Member and the Member shall be responsible to ensure this is upheld.
- Benefits, access to, and information from the Credit Reporting Service are not for resale.
- A Member must promptly notify us on becoming aware of any unauthorised use of the Membership number or if the Membership number is lost or stolen.
- We will at all times carry out our obligations under this Agreement with reasonable care and skill.
- The Benefits and the Credit Reporting Service have been designed for Members in the United Kingdom only (and in certain cases within certain regions of the United Kingdom). Not all Benefits (or the Credit Reporting Service) will be available therefore to all Members.
- We are constantly seeking new benefits for Members from providers. Accordingly, the Benefits and the particular services offered within the Credit Reporting Service are continually changing and We do not and cannot represent or warrant that any particular Benefits or elements of the Credit Reporting Service will be available at any particular time. We reserve the right to eliminate, add, change and substitute Benefits and/or elements of the Credit Reporting Service from time to time without notice to any or all Members.
- A Member agrees that We are not responsible or liable for any Benefits provided by providers or for the Credit Reporting Service provided by Call Credit Limited, the Credit Reporting Service Provider and, if a Member has any claims relating to Benefits, the Member will make a claim against the relevant provider providing (or purporting to provide) the relevant Benefit; and
- to the Credit Reporting Service, the Member will make a claim against the Credit Reporting Service Provider providing (or purporting to provide) the relevant Credit Reporting Service.
3.8 MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
Unless a Member notifies us that he/she wishes to terminate this Agreement (i.e. cancel his/her Membership) by following the instructions in the cancellation paragraph, that Member's Membership will be renewed automatically each month ("Renewal") and that Member will be charged the current Membership Fee of £14.99, which will appear on that Member's monthly billing statement.
3.9 CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP AND RIGHTS TO CANCEL
- A Member may terminate this Agreement (i.e. cancel Membership) at any time by notifying us via email to: [email protected] or in writing to: Credit Perfect, Oxford House, Oxford Road, Macclesfield, SK11 8HS.
- We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement (i.e. cancel Membership) at any time and for any reason. If We do this, We will re-credit to the relevant Member's account any sum deducted by us from the Member's credit card/debit card in respect of any period of Membership for which the Member has paid but which the Member will not benefit from because We have terminated this Agreement (pro rata if necessary in respect of time and payment). We will do this as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of termination (please note bacs payments can take up to 5 days to clear in your account). We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered or otherwise.
- Termination of this Agreement (and cancellation of Membership) will be effective within 4 weeks of the receipt by us of the Member's cancellation request or our notice to the Member.
- On termination and if the termination is within the Trial Period then no Membership Fees will have been payable or will be payable by the Member, and no Membership Fees will be re-credited to the Member’s account;
- If the termination is at any time after the Trial Period, then the Member will not owe any further Membership Fees in addition to those Membership Fees that are already due (and the Member will not be entitled to a refund on any past Membership Fees charged to the Member’s account); and
- Entitlement to access, make use of or benefit from Membership (including the Credit Reporting Service) shall cease.
3.10 MEMBERSHIP FEES AND CONTINUOUS PAYMENT AUTHORITY
- When signing up to be a Member, You provide us with a continuous payment authority ("CPA") so that We can collect repayments automatically from Your bank account using the debit card You nominate for this purpose.
- A Member is entitled to a free 14 day Trial Period of Membership, details of which are on the Scheme Website and are shown to You when You are presented with details of the Scheme. A Member can cancel Membership at any time (in accordance with the cancellation paragraph (as above)) during the Trial Period and will owe us nothing.
- After the Trial Period, the monthly Membership Fee is payable in advance and will be automatically charged at the end of the Trial Period or on Renewal by use of CPA.
- If We have been unable to take the payment, We shall use CPA to make up to 24 further attempts for the full Membership Fee as follows:
- 22 attempts will be made on the days following the end of the Trial Period;
- thereafter, one attempt will be made on each of the 2 successive Fridays following the attempt set out above.
- Throughout the period referred to in the above paragraph, Your access to the Service may be suspended pending receipt of the Membership Fee.
- At any time during your membership we reserve the right to check the validity of your nominated debit card. You will not be charged for this, however the authorisation may show on your bank statement.
- To cancel this CPA You may ask us to cancel it by using the contact details above Please be aware that if You do cancel You will still owe any outstanding Membership Fees as agreed and Your access to the Service will be terminated. Cancellation of this CPA will be effective from the date that We receive such notification.
We shall not be liable for any breach of obligation to You by any bank, counterparty, intermediary or other third party with whom You do business. You will be liable for any loss You suffer as a consequence of You providing inaccurate information. If there is any partial non-performance of our obligations, provided We have made reasonable endeavours to perform them You must give us full credit for doing so. We will incur no liability for any loss arising from non-performance by Us which is caused by something beyond our reasonable control including changes in the law or regulations affecting how We normally operate. In the event that any of these terms (each of which is severable) is for any reason illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision as deemed modified sufficiently to render it enforceable, legal and valid and of similar effect as We intended. Apart from provisions expressly covering associate companies, nothing in these terms is enforceable by anyone who is not a party to them.
We endeavour to make every effort to ensure our service to You is excellent, however if You wish to make a formal complaint, please send Your complaint in writing to the following address: Compliance Manager, Credit Perfect, Oxford House, Oxford Road, Macclesfield, SK11 8HS or email us at [email protected] We will issue a final response to You within 8 weeks of Us receiving Your complaint.
The copyright and material on this website is owned by Loan Marketing Limited and is protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom. The material on this website may only be used by those who access it from the United Kingdom and such users will be entitled to copy any such information for their own personal use but may not republish, store or reproduce any such information in any manner, including but not limited to electronic reproduction, without the prior written consent of Loan Marketing Limited. Any website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. Loan Marketing Limited disclaims all liability which may result from any unauthorised reproduction or use of the information on this website.
7. Trade Mark
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics, or designs to the pages of this website may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Loan Marketing Limited. The display of any of the above trade names or trademarks on pages of this website does not imply that any license has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on these pages of this website are trademarks of their respective owners Loan Marketing Limited intends no infringement of such trademarks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages or other websites on this website does not imply any endorsement or non- endorsement thereof by Loan Marketing Limited. All rights not expressly granted herein reserved by Loan Marketing Limited.
Loan Marketing Limited shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including the loss of profits, business revenue or goodwill arising from the use or access of or inability to use or access interruption or availability of this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of its use. Any exclusions or limitations or restrictions of liability contained in these terms and conditions of use and access of this website shall be subject to the qualification that nothing contained in any such exclusion or limitations or restrictions of liability shall operate to exclude or restrict any duty or liability of Loan Marketing Limited to any person which has under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
The information, materials and functions contained in this website including text, graphics, links or other items are provided on an as is basis excluding any warranty whatsoever, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer viruses. Loan Marketing Limited excludes any liability for any errors in or omissions from information, materials and functions included in this website or any third party Websites linked to or from this website.
This website is intended to be accessed only by persons located in the UK and Loan Marketing Limited makes no representation that any information, materials or functions included in this website are appropriate for use in any other jurisdiction.
As the internet is not a secure medium of communication, Loan Marketing Limited cannot guarantee the security of any information you input into this website or send to us on the internet. Loan Marketing Limited is not, and will not be responsible for any damages You or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information. By agreeing to these terms and conditions We may contact You about services or products offered by us or other companies in our group or approved by us, which We believe You may be interested in, or to carry out market research about our services or products or those of third parties. Your data may be used for other purpose, including but not limited to, data validation, enhancement, information verification, identity verification, suppression, tracing and to the extent permitted by law, individual reference or lookup services, by LexisNexis and selected 3rd parties. We may also pass information to other companies approved by us so that they may contact You about services or products, which they believe You may be interested in. Contact for these purposes may be by post, email, SMS, or by other means as We may agree with You from time to time. This will override any registrations You may have with preference services. If You do not wish to receive on-going contact from us please send us a request via email to; [email protected] or in writing to Credit Perfect, Oxford House, Oxford Road, Macclesfield, SK8 8HS.
12. Web Links
The provision by Loan Marketing Limited of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by Loan Marketing Limited to the user to access material held at the location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by Loan Marketing Limited of the material held there. Loan Marketing Limited accepts no responsibility or liability for the privacy of Your personal information on such websites, as these are beyond our control.
This website has been extensively tested and should work properly at all times. However, if You experience a problem at any time, please return to the homepage and try again. If the problem persists You can contact us by following the link on the Contact Us page.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Information provided in this website is believed to be reliable when posted. However, Loan Marketing Limited cannot guarantee that information will be accurate, complete and current at all times. All information on this website is subject to modification from time to time without notice.
15. Governing Laws
The terms and conditions of use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
16. Security and Web Access
payment and personal information is always safe. Our SSL (Secure Sockets Layer software is the industry standard and among the best software available today, for secure commerce transactions.
It encrypts all of Your personal information including: Credit Card Number and Name and Address so that it cannot be read over the internet.