Terms & Conditions
Credit Perfect Membership Service
Credit Perfect is a trading style of Loan Marketing Limited. Loan Marketing Limited is an Appointed Representative of Quint Group Limited, and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 723678. Quint Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 669450 Authorisation can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk. Loan Marketing Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company number 07197002), Registered Office; Oxford House, Oxford Road, Macclesfield, SK11 8HS. Licenced by the Information Commissioners Office, (registration number Z2473635). These Terms and Conditions were last updated: 17/01/17.
We provide a subscription-based membership scheme called Credit Perfect. This service is free for the first 14 days and thereafter a £14.99 monthly subscription applies. Credit Perfect gives users’ access to Credit Broking services, Credit Reports and Scores, Credit alerts, Access to discounts and Vouchers with major brands and direct access to our selected Lenders and credit providers.
Please note, if you apply for any credit services through our website, and your application is successfully accepted by a lender, credit provider or broker, they may pay us a fee or commission for introducing you to them.
Credit reporting services are supplied by Credit Perfect and powered by data provided by Callcredit Consumer Limited.
These terms and conditions explain our services to you as our client and your obligations to Us. Please read these terms carefully before signing up to these services via this website since they apply as soon as you accept them – they are really important. If you have any questions or there is anything that you don’t understand then please contact us at: [email protected] or call us on: 0345 222 0277(Calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers).
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to the Credit Reporting and score services and use of the www.creditperfect.co.uk website by Loan Marketing Ltd customers. The Credit Reporting and Score services are described in paragraph 4.
Callcredit Consumer Limited will be providing the data for the credit reporting and score services. Their company name is Callcredit Consumer Limited, company number 7891157 and registered office is at One Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1EP.
Callcredit Consumer Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 737743. Authorisation can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk.
In these terms and conditions, "we", "us" and "our" refers to Credit Perfect, and "you" and "your" refers to the user of the website.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE AND SIGNING UP FOR THE CREDIT REPORTING AND SCORE SERVICES AS THEY CONTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1. Our contract with you
1.1. These are the terms and conditions which apply to your use of the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and are also those on which Callcredit Consumer Limited supply the credit report data to you. These terms form a contractual relationship between us, Callcredit and you.
2. Changes to these terms and conditions or the [Credit Reporting] services
2.1. We or Callcredit Consumer Limited may change these terms and conditions or the Credit Reporting and Score services at any time. If amendments are made we will put the new terms and conditions or details of the changes to the Credit Reporting services on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website. The changes will take effect when they are posted on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website.
2.2. If you don’t want to continue to be registered on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website or to continue to get the Credit Reporting and score services then you can cancel your registration/membership by letting us know in writing by e-mail to [email protected]
3.1. Before you can use any Credit Reporting and score services you must apply to register on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website.
3.2. After we have received your application for any Credit Reporting and Score services we will review it and let you know as soon as we can whether you have been accepted as a user of those Credit Reporting and Score services. Please note that not everyone that applies for the [Credit Reporting and Score] services will be accepted as a user.
3.3. Callcredit Consumer Limited do not have to notify you why you have not been accepted but one reason for this may be that, at the time you make your application, they may have been unable to match your personal details to the correct credit report data.
3.4. You may only register for the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and use the Credit Reporting and Score services if you are:
3.4.1. over 18 years of age;
3.4.2. a Loan Marketing Ltd trading as Credit Perfect customer;
3.4.3. resident in the United Kingdom.
By registering on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and making the application to use the Credit Reporting and Score services you confirm that you meet these requirements.
3.5. You may only use and access the Credit Reporting and Score services on your own behalf and not on behalf of anyone else. You should be aware that you cannot order credit information about anyone else from this website.
3.6. Once we have received your application for the Credit Reporting and Score services we will send you an automated acknowledgement. This is purely for acknowledgement purposes and is not an agreement from us to provide you with the Credit Reporting and Score services or any other service.
3.7. When acting as your credit broker we seek to get a lender to offer you a loan. We seek to match your loan application with one or more of the lenders we deal with. We do not act on behalf of the lenders or represent them. For your protection we require the lender documentation covering any loan agreement to meet statutory and regulatory safeguards laid down by the FCA’s Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC).
We are a broker not a lender, we do not offer loans. The interest rate will depend on the lenders and they decide whether to approve the loan applications and how much to lend at, or on which terms and on what evidence of ability to repay. Where we give examples they are only illustrations. We do not warrant that examples are the actual rates and amounts because the lenders decide whether to give approval for any loan and on what terms according to your specific circumstances. Included in your membership is a loan broking service and in line with CONC 6.8.4. we will make you aware that if after six months you didn’t receive a loan from any of our lenders that you may be entitled to a refund of your membership fee.
3.8 Loan Application Checks
In assessing your loan application for any lender products the lender may undertake credit scoring with credit reference agencies which will show on your credit record. Where there are joint clients, a link between you can be created.
Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
This is a condensed guide to the use of Your personal information by Credit Reference (CRA’s) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPA’s). When You apply for a loan, these organisations will check the following records about You and others (see below):
● CRAs may place a search footprint on Your credit file that may be seen by other Lenders. They supply both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
● FPAs will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. They may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage Your account.
● If You are making a joint application or tell Your Lender that You have a spouse or financial associate, the FPA’s will link Your records together so You must be sure that You have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link Your records together and these links will remain on Your and their files until such time as You or Your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
● Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. If You borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace Your whereabouts and recover debts that You owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by You or defaulted.
● If You give us false or inaccurate information and We suspect or identify fraud We will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
● We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
● Your data may also be used for other purposes for which You give Your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Credit Reporting and Score services
PLEASE READ THIS PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY AS IT EXPLAINS WHAT THE CREDIT REPORTING AND SCORE SERVICES ARE AND WHAT EXCLUSIONS APPLY
4.1. Once we accept your application for the Credit Reporting and Score services and have successfully validated your identity with Callcredit Consumer Limited,, we agree to provide the following services to you under these terms and conditions:
4.1.1. Credit Report
We will provide a credit report to you online. The credit report will be updated daily.
4.1.2. Credit Score
We will provide your most recent credit score to you. Your credit score is an indicator of how good your credit history and likelihood of getting credit is. This will be made available to you online and will be updated monthly.
4.1.3. Credit Rating
Callcredit Consumer Limited will carry out an assessment of your credit rating based on the information that they hold about you. This rating will be available to you online and will be based on your history of borrowing and repayment.
When you have successfully registered on our site we will notify you, via the email address that you supply when you register with us, if there has been a significant and material change in your credit file that we hold. If there are any alerts on your file, we will send a daily email to the email address you specified when you registered for Credit Reporting and Score service.
It is your responsibility to ensure the email address we hold for you is up to date. The email will contain details of any alerts that have been triggered on your credit report in the previous day. If there have been no alerts triggered then we will not send you an email.
The Alerts service is a notification only service. We, or Callcredit Consumer Limited are not responsible for any loss you suffer if you receive an alert and you do not review that alert and notify us or Callcredit if you believe the information is incorrect.
You should not rely solely on the Alerts service to ensure that your credit report is up to date. It is your responsibility to regularly check your credit report to ensure that the information recorded in it is accurate and up to date.
4.2. Once you have applied for the additional Credit Reporting and Score services, been accepted, and paid any applicable fees, you will be given immediate access to the relevant Credit Reporting and Score services on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and you will start to receive those services immediately. You acknowledge and request that the Credit Reporting and Score services will be provided before the expiry of the 14 day cancellation period under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (but this does not affect your rights to cancellation and a refund under those regulations: please see paragraph 7.3 below).
4.3. Whilst we will try to make sure that the www.creditperfect.co.uk website is available for use as much as possible we cannot guarantee its availability. You will appreciate that we need to take it down from time to time for maintenance. We will try to do this at times when we are expecting low usage but cannot guarantee that this will be the case. No software provider can fully guarantee that its website and/or content is completely virus and bug free, but you should be aware that we are committed to trying to make the Credit Reporting and Score services as virus and bug free as we can. You should therefore use virus checking software.
4.4. It is important to us that the information we supply to you is as accurate as possible and we use our reasonable efforts to verify its accuracy. We cannot guarantee that it is completely accurate, however. Also, as you will appreciate some of this information comes from other businesses, who get the information from other sources themselves such as the electoral roll, insurance companies or financial institutions. Neither we nor any other third parties used to provide the [Credit Reporting] services have any control over the content of such information and are not responsible if it turns out to be inaccurate.
4.5. For us to be able to provide the Credit Reporting and Score services to you we need to obtain your credit report information held in Callcredit Consumer Limited’s credit reference database. By applying for the Credit Reporting and Score services you agree that we can use your credit report information in this way.
4.6. You will appreciate that whilst some of the Credit Reporting and Score services will provide information to you this is provided for your guidance and information only. Any businesses who carry out credit searches on you will take information from a number of sources and use their own criteria in making decisions based on it. You should not rely on the information we provide to you and we cannot be responsible or liable to you if you do rely on it or take any action based upon it.
5. Credit Perfect Membership Area
5.1. You are a potential/actual member of the membership programme (called the "Scheme") as described in this document. Before You can access the free trial of the Scheme You must first enrol in the Scheme (called "Membership"). This involves providing accurate and complete information including Your name, email address and postal address, and the payment information for membership fees should You continue Your Membership beyond the free trial period. Once you submit these details and agreed to our terms you will be enrolled as a member of the Scheme (called a "Member"). Importantly, a Member must be an individual who is:
● an adult (i.e. aged 18 and over); or
● A person who does not qualify as described above is prohibited from becoming or being a Member. Any person who becomes a Member (or purports to do so), makes a statement, upon which We are entitled to rely, that that person is aged 18 years or older.
● A person may not become a Member unless they are based in the United Kingdom, as this is the area We service. A Member must have a postal address in the United Kingdom. Any person becoming a Member makes a statement, upon which We are entitled to rely, that, that person is, and will continue to be, based in the United Kingdom and that that person will supply a full postal address in the United Kingdom including a valid post code.
5.2. You accept the offer details which are as follows: When you sign up to the Scheme as a Member You will automatically receive a 14 day free trial ("Trial Period"); After the trial period, membership is charged monthly at the agreed upon rate of £14.99 as disclosed on the enrolment website (the "Membership Fee") and by joining this Scheme You agree that You will be liable to pay the Membership Fee. To ensure continuous service at the end of the trial period Your Membership fee will be automatically charged on or about the same date each month to the card details which You have specifically provided for this purpose when You signed up to be a member, and by joining this Scheme You agree to give us permission to do so, unless You terminate Your membership in accordance with the cancellation process set out below.
5.3 MEMBERSHIP FEES AND CONTINUOUS PAYMENT AUTHORITY
● When signing up to be a Member, You provide us with a continuous payment authority ("CPA") so that We can collect repayments automatically from Your bank account using the debit card You nominate for this purpose.
● A Member is entitled to a free 14 day Trial Period of Membership, details of which are on the Scheme Website and are shown to You when You are presented with details of the Scheme. A Member can cancel Membership at any time (in accordance with the cancellation paragraph (as above)) during the Trial Period and will owe us nothing.
● After the Trial Period, the monthly Membership Fee is payable in advance and will be automatically charged at the end of the Trial Period or on Renewal by use of CPA.
● If We have been unable to take the payment, We shall use CPA to make up to 12 further attempts for the full Membership Fee.
● Throughout the period referred to in the above paragraph, Your access to the Service may be suspended pending receipt of the Membership Fee.
● At any time during your membership we reserve the right to check the validity of your nominated debit card. You will not be charged for this, however the authorisation may show on your bank statement.
● To cancel this CPA You may ask us to cancel it by using the contact details above Please be aware that if You do cancel You will still owe any outstanding Membership Fees as agreed and Your access to the Service will be terminated. Cancellation of this CPA will be effective from the date that We receive such notification.
You are entitled to access discounts and/or other benefits ("Benefits") on certain products and services offered by vendors/providers participating in the Scheme. Benefits are set out on the Scheme Website, although some Benefits may not be available in all areas. Please see below for limitations. Any products or services purchased (taking into account Benefits or otherwise) must be purchased directly from the product or service vendors/providers. We do not supply, offer or charge for products or services (other than Membership which is a service which provides access to information, discounts, offers and promotions on those third party products and services.)
● Membership is personal to the person accepting these terms.
● Membership is non-transferable.
● Membership cannot be used by persons other than the Member.
● You shall ensure that no other persons have access to Your Member details.
● Other persons in the same household shall not access the Scheme, the Benefits or the Credit Reporting Service using the identity of the Member and the Member shall be responsible to ensure this is upheld.
● Benefits, access to, and information from the Credit Reporting Service are not for resale.
● A Member must promptly notify us on becoming aware of any unauthorised use of the Membership number or if the Membership number is lost or stolen.
● We will at all times carry out our obligations under this Agreement with reasonable care and skill.
● The Benefits and the Credit Reporting Service have been designed for Members in the United Kingdom only (and in certain cases within certain regions of the United Kingdom). Not all Benefits (or the Credit Reporting Service) will be available therefore to all Members.
● We are constantly seeking new benefits for Members from providers. Accordingly, the Benefits and the particular services offered within the Credit Reporting Service are continually changing and We do not and cannot represent or warrant that any particular Benefits or elements of the Credit Reporting Service will be available at any particular time. We reserve the right to eliminate, add, change and substitute Benefits and/or elements of the Credit Reporting Service from time to time without notice to any or all Members.
● A Member agrees that we are not responsible or liable for any Benefits provided by providers or for the Credit Report data provided by Callcredit Consumer Limited, the Credit Reporting data provider and, if a Member has any claims relating to Benefits, the Member will make a claim against the relevant provider providing (or purporting to provide) the relevant Benefit; and
● to the Credit Reporting data, the Member will make a claim against the Credit Reporting data provider providing (or purporting to provide) the relevant Credit Reporting data.
Unless you notify us you wish to terminate this Agreement by following the instructions in the cancellation paragraph, the Membership will be renewed automatically each month ("Renewal") and you will be charged the current Membership Fee of £14.99, which will appear on your monthly billing statement.
6. Price of the Credit Reporting and Score services
6.1. We will not charge you for providing the Credit Reporting and Score services to you unless paragraphs 6.2, 6.3 or 6.4 below apply.
6.2. The Membership and Credit Reporting and Score services are only available to you under these terms and conditions for such time as you are a Loan Marketing Ltd trading as Credit Perfect customer.
6.3. From time to time Callcredit Consumer Limited may email you with details of certain promotions we are willing to make available to you. These promotional offers are personal to you and may not be shared with third parties. If you attempt to use a promotional code that was not sent to you, then we reserve the right to charge you the full price for the service you have requested.
6.4. If you have been offered products or services as part of a particular promotion, then:
6.4.1. you will receive those products or services for the period of time and at the price stated within the promotion; and
6.4.2. once the time period specific in the promotion has ended, your right to access the products or services at the promotional rates will expire. You may then enter into a new agreement with us to buy the relevant products or services at the prices set out on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website.
7. Duration of Credit Reporting and Score services and your right of cancellation
7.1. We will automatically continue to provide the Credit Reporting and Score services until they are cancelled in one of the ways set out below.
7.2. If you no longer wish to receive the Credit Reporting and Score services you may tell us to cancel them by sending a request to [email protected] We will administer this change within a reasonable time. If you tell us that cancellation is a matter of urgency (e.g. if you think that someone has got access to your password) we will do our best to cancel your registration immediately. You may use the model cancellation form available here but it is not obligatory.
7.3. If you tell us (in accordance with paragraph 7.2) that you wish to cancel the Credit Reporting and Score services within 14 days after the day on which we accepted your application for those Credit Reporting and Score services, you are entitled to a refund of the amounts you have paid for those services less an amount in proportion to the period of service you have received at the time we are informed of your decision to cancel. To meet this cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your cancellation email before the 14 day cancellation period has expired. We will pay the refund without undue delay and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel. The refund will be paid using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
7.4. We may cancel your registration on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and cancel your receipt of any of the Credit Reporting and Score services:
7.4.1. because of your misuse of the Credit Reporting and Score services. Misuse of the Credit Reporting and Score services means use of the Credit Reporting and Score services in a way which is not permitted by these terms and conditions or there is fraud; or
7.4.2. if we stop providing the Credit Reporting and Score services or the www.creditperfect.co.uk website. We regret that if we withdraw part or all of the Credit Reporting and Score services we cannot be responsible for any costs or losses you incur, but we will return any fees you have paid for the remaining part of the year for any services for which you have paid; or
7.4.3. if you do not access your account on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website for more than six months.
7.4.4. if any payment that you owe us is declined, rejected or reversed.
7.5. We may also cancel your receipt of any of the Credit Reporting and Score services if (i) you have ceased to be a Loan Marketing Ltd trading as Credit Perfect customer or (ii) our agreement with Callcredit Consumer Limited comes to an end (unless we have made arrangements with Callcredit Consumer Limited to continue to provide the Credit Reporting and Score services to you for a certain period after the termination of that agreement, in which case we will continue to provide you with the [Credit Reporting] services for that period).
7.6. Except as set out in paragraphs 7.3 and 7.4.2, you are not entitled to any refund of any amounts you have paid for any Credit Reporting and Score services as a result of a cancellation of those services.
8.1. Your right to access the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and the Credit Reporting and Score services is personal to you. You must not allow any other person to have access to your account on the www.creditperfect.co.uk website or the Credit Reporting and Score services using your username and password. You must keep your username and password confidential.
8.2. We reserve the right to suspend your access to the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and the Credit Reporting and Score services if at any time we consider that there is or is likely to be a breach of security or your use of the www.creditperfect.co.uk website is in any way detrimental to us or anyone else.
8.3. We reserve the right to require you to change any or all of the passwords used by you in connection with the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and/or the Credit Reporting and Score services.
9. Copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights
9.1. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and Credit Reporting and Score services and all aspects of them are owned by us, those businesses who provide services to us as part of the Credit Reporting and Score services or those businesses who are providing the vouchers and special offers.
9.2. You may take reasonable copies of the information or reports provided as part of the Credit Reporting and Score services solely for your own personal use. You may not use it on a commercial basis or provide it to anyone else. You may not sell it on, republish it, redistribute it, copy (except as permitted above) or adapt it.
10. Our liability to you
PLEASE READ THIS PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY AS IT EXPLAINS WHAT LIABILITY WE HAVE TO YOU AND WHAT EXCLUSIONS APPLY
10.1. There are certain things which we agree we will not exclude or limit our liability to you for. These are:
10.1.1. liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence;
10.1.2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
10.1.3. any other liability which we cannot limit or exclude under law.
10.2. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
10.3. Subject to paragraph 10.4 below, if we breach these terms and conditions or are negligent in providing the Credit Reporting and Score services we will only be responsible for loss or damage that you suffer which is foreseeable; i.e. which is a likely result of our breach or negligence in providing the Credit Reporting and Score services. If the loss or damage is not foreseeable we cannot be responsible for it.
10.4. We cannot be responsible to you for loss or damage or any other liability (whether it arises from breach of these terms and conditions or negligence) which is in excess of £100 for each incident.
12. How to contact us
12.1. General enquiries: In the event that there is an unexpected result in your credit report or you feel that the information is not correct, you should contact us to raise a query by using the online process which can be accessed via your credit report. This will raise a dispute which we will access and raise with Callcredit Consumer Limited where appropriate.
12.2. Complaints: If you have any questions or complaints in respect of the [Credit Reporting and Score] services, please contact our Customer Services team at [email protected]. You can find Callcredit Consumer Limited’s customer complaints policy at http://www.callcredit.co.uk/consumer-solutions/frequently-asked-questions/complaints-procedure.
12.3. Complaint Resolution: We have a complaint-handling process, which includes alternative dispute resolution (a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court). If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to Financial Ombudsman Services. Financial Ombudsman Services will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings. The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
E-mail: [email protected]
13. Summary of your legal rights
13.1. We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
In relation to services, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
· you can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it's not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can't fix it.
· if you haven't agreed a price upfront, what you're asked to pay must be reasonable.
· if you haven't agreed a time upfront, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
14. Hyperlinks to other websites
15.1. We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the [Credit Reporting] services or otherwise perform any obligation under these terms and conditions if the delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
15.2. If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority (such as a court) to be invalid or unenforceable (either wholly or in part) the validity or enforceability of the other portions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
15.3. These terms and conditions do not give any rights to anyone who is not a party to them.
15.4. These terms and conditions and your use of the www.creditperfect.co.uk website and Credit Reporting and Score services shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection those matters.
15.5. You are entitled to request a paper copy of these terms and conditions from us. If you wish to receive a paper copy you should send an email making the request to [email protected]